Question
Posted by: Berni | 2010/09/16

ABCESS

A month ago I had an abcess on my back. Now I have one on the side of my vagina. Why am I getting all these abcesses? I practise good hygiene (ie I shower daily). Now I am even too embarrassed to go the the doctor even though it is quite painful and discomforting for me at present. What can I do to prevent this. Please help. Thank you

Hallo Berni
Even people with good hygiene can get abcesses due to various reasons, high staph aureus levels on the skin, low immunity, low iron levels etc. Please see your doctor as I think you need antibiotics before the abcess becomes so big that you need an operation to drain it. Ask him to check your full blood count and iron levels. Try washing with antiseptic soap and treat any pimples and scratches immediately with Bactroban ointment
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/16

Hallo Berni
dr Bets