Question
Posted by: What to do | 2010-08-30

Abandoned Kitten

Hi there,

I picked up an abandoned kitten at the gym car park. A guy said it had been there all night and he called the SPCA but it was still there the next day. So I bought it home and feed it cows milk with a syringe. It took the milk but has diarrhoea. It cries a lot. Its eyes are still closed, so it is still very young. It had 20ml of milk this morning.

Do you have any advice on how I can bring up the kitten? What are the chances of it living without its mother?

Thank you.

Hi What to do.

Sorry for the late reply.

Please get some feline milk replacer as the cows milk will cause severe diarrhoea. I would advise that you take the kitten to the vet and get advise on the diarrhoea and how to feed the kitten.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2010-08-30

Yep, a visit to the vet is called for - you also need to get some special kitty milk formula - cow''s milk was created for calves, and a young kitten isn''t going to be able to deal with it. Your vet should have the required formula, too.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Me | 2010-08-30

Take the kitten to the vet. She must be less than 10 days old and they know how to take care of such a small baby.

Reply to Me