Posted by: Anon | 2010-03-24

Abandoned cat

Hi, I live in a complex and my neighbour recently moved out. They left the cat in the complex and will not be collecting this cat. I don''t know what the reasons are for this. i have been feeding this cat and leaving food and water outside for it. I also have my own cat which is a adult. I am considering letting the abandoned cat who is also an adult cat to come into my house. Do you this is a wise idea?

Dear Anon

It will be very kind of you to take on this cat.

Posted by: Michelle | 2010-03-26

Cannot believe people abandons animals. Its says alot about them. I have stray cats/kittens (4) at the office which I have been feeding. I always said I am not a cat person but you know what, coming to the office in the morning and see them waiting for me, makes my day. They are scared of me and runs away but still know that I will give them food.

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Fi | 2010-03-25

I am still amazed that people can be so inhumane.
I hope somebody abandons them one day too.

The poor cat.
May you be blessed for giving him/her shelter, food and water.

Reply to Fi
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2010-03-24

Dion''t see why not. It happens to me regularly and becomes part of the family. At the moment I have a black cat which eats our cats food which is in various places in and outdoors so of course he gets fed but rushes off whenever I appear accidentelly. I know it is not one of our other 3 black cats as they were all watching me in the kitchen! I have had this so many times they all have become integrated. Good for you looking after him/her - as an adult cat he would be difficult to rehome via the SPCA route. Everybody wants a kitten!

Reply to Cat Lady