Question
Posted by: me | 2011/02/01

aargghh!!!

Hi doctor, After nearly 5 weeks of pain and 4 doctors later (including CT scans due to micro hematuria, pelvic ultrasounds, ab xrays, pap smears, swabs, cystoscopy (bladder) and all being ''''so perfectly normal'''', my pain got so severe I was lucky enough to find a GP who listened to my symptoms (diffuse severe abdominal pain actually rising to belly button level, painful urination (inside), slightly irregular periods, yellowy-green discharge, pressure and bearing down feeling in vagina/anal area, no appetite) and diagnosed PID. She prescribed 3 different antibiotics and after 2 days I felt like a new person then even better as the week went on. I''''ve been off the antibiotics nearly a month now and the horrible pelvic pain is gone but still have vague pain. For the last 2 weeks I just felt so much better though, but today it seems to be back but different as in its not that painful, (now how do I describe this?), I am having a gnawing / burning pain in the region of my middle abdomen - like where your waist band would be, but from hip to hip - no back or side aches. Sometimes, I feel as if this travels to my pelvic region for a brief second. No real diarrea (stools always loose), slight flatulence (as normal). I did go back to gynae 2 weeks ago and once again he said all is great, (I think he thinks its in my head), BUT when he pressed on what I thought was my ovary, during an internal he said that was my colon I was feeling. Huh? But thats not where I feel the pain. Another weird thing about this is that when I get home at night, have a glass of wine and go to bed its gone, it NEVER wakes me up during the night and upon waking its absolutely fine. Starts around 10a.m. in the morning. I really dont know what to do, but it''s starting to affect me and my family. How do I beg for a laporoscopy or something? What is my next step? Could it even be gynae related? Many thanks for your time.

Hallo Me
If you have been taking more than normal pain medication you may now have an irritated stomach lining (gastritis) which may cause a burning pain or a "hungry" feeling just above your belly button. See if it helps if you take an antiacid like Mucaine? If it persists, maybe you should see a gastroenterologist for an examination to see if you need a gastroscopy or examination of the colon. If you have underlying infection again (like PID) the CRP count and your white blood cell count will be high when they do a blood test.
Dr bets

3
Posted by: ME | 2011/02/01

And I''m 34 yr old female...

Reply to ME
Posted by: me | 2011/02/01

oh and URETHRA was stretched during cystoscopy.

Reply to me
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/01

Hallo Me
Dr bets