Posted by: Liané  van Zyl | 2011-08-04

i eat pretty healthy. i exercise. i sleep 7 hours a night. i do have a high stress job but i try not to let it get to me. i take a multi-vitamin for women and an iron supplement for my anemia (iron levels are about 13.4 at the moment). i get up at about 4:30 in the morning but i''m broken tired in the evenings so i normally go to bed round 9 or 9:30

i don''t go out because i just don''t have the energy. i''d much rather just stay home over weekends so that i don''t have to deal with people and conversations because i struggle to concentrate when i talk to people.

basically, i''m tired. 80% of the day. and i''m tired of comments like " oh did you party last night"  or " don''t you sleep at night" . no, i didn''t party and yes, i sleep at night. i can run a 10km or 21km race, but i am out of breath if i walk up a flight of stairs or when i walk a little too fast.

is there a supplement that i can take that''ll just give me a bit more energy?? there are so many, and they''re so expensive... so i don''t want to spend a small fortune on something that''s not going to work.

Chronic fatigue is difficult to treat and supplements alone will not do the trick. It is therefore, important to identify the cause and you will have to consult your doctor for blood tests. Refer to the following link for more information about chronic fatique and the possible causes:

Posted by: Liané  van Zyl | 2011-08-04

thank you... i used the link and i am almost 100% sure i have CFS.... i have almost all of the symptoms from chronic cough right through to brain fog....

it doesn''t really say what the treatment is though. i can''t go to the doctor, i''m still paying a huge hospital bill so i have to self medicate. is it better to just fight through a bout of it or should one rest? i am supposed to be training but this week has been a total write-off... i just don''t have the energy.

Reply to Lian&#233  van Zyl