Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-03-14

Hi cybie been a rough two weeks my hormones went crazy from stress and anxiety and i had a break through bleed i am now on day 13, my dr gave me pills and antibiotics for infection. We are away for the weekend and i am getting so annoyed cause i dont have an appetite due to all the pills and my hormones and now i hear : eat, you have an eating disorder, starvation diet, now i feel pressure and eat more and that makes me nausause cause my stomach is sensitive at the moment. Why are people like that? And i hate having to eat to please people.

Hi Kbie,
I suppose people who do enjoy eating, find i hard to understand someon who doesn't seem to enjoy eating --- I remember on a cruise ship, as I am sensitive to getting sea-sick, the nicest people would try so hard to persuade me to eat --- because they KNEW it would be good for me, and were SURE I'd enjoy it. And indeed, selectively eating something did actually help with the nausea, and I'd probably have eaten more if they hadn't nagged so.
Obviously, starvation isn't good for any of us, and one needs to plan basic eating for your own sake ; and then, if that happens to please others, well, consider that a bonus rather than seeing i9t as somehow giving in to pressure from others. Do it for you, and let pleasing them be an acceptable side-effect.