Question
Posted by: * | 2010/04/22

A visit to the gynae?

Hi. I get chronic bladder infections (which were sort of under control), have been to the uroligist, have a mirena (which seemed to make it better), but now keep on getting a bladder infections after intercourse. We are so careful, but I still get sick. My GP has even given me deblaston to drink for afterwards, but I still got sick. Would it be worth it to go to the Gynae? Thanks

Probably not. A urologist would be the person to see.

2

Posted by: Doc | 2010/04/23

It would be worth your while to see your gynae.
I would suggest that you use Nitrofurantoin (an urinary antispeticum) just prior to intercourse to prevent the recurrent UTI''s. Of course you have to be sure that the existing one is eradicated 1st.

Reply to Doc