Posted by: DC | 2009-08-07

A very long story..

Exactly two years ago, I met a guy at a time when my mother whom I loved very much just passed away and I was estranged from my husband of 8 years. I was at my most vulnerable and thus ended up falling in love with this guy. I got caught up in his web of lies and drugs. During this time, I was taking care of my 3 kids.

Seven months later, I managed to dump the guy. This after I lost my job, my house, my car and needless to say, my kids. All of this made it harder for me to leave the drugs.

My two older sons went into the care of their grandparents and my daughter is living with her Dad.

After a further 7 months of living wrecklessly, boozing, drugging. I decided I had enough and booked myself into a rehab. I am still clean today, 8 months later and I’ m trying very hard to put my life back together again. I battled at first to find a job, but am now working again.

I want to get my kids back, but don’ t know how or where to begin.

I feel dead and I even got to a point where I actually forced myself not to miss my kids.

I have no friends and lost contact with my brother and sister, when I was bingeing.

I am hurting and only wake up in the morning because I can’ t sleep anymore.

Where to from here?

Sad story, but congratulations on getting yourself back together now. Rehab's should be required by law to provide ongoing psych / counselling support, as it is not fair to help someoneone get clean and the abandon them. Check whether the Anxiety-Depression support group may have a group within reach within which you could get some ongoing support, and encouragement to gradually find new and clear friends.

Posted by: DC | 2009-08-07

Hi Loopy

Actually, I was married in Islamic faith, but have since reverted to Christianity.
Became very involved spiritually and very tough for me to remain.I also had extreme spiritual experiences whilst still using and am still trying to work to or around these.
But I remain in prayer.

Reply to DC
Posted by: loopy | 2009-08-07

Contact the rehab you went to and ask for any out patient support - including one on one sessions with a psychologist/councellor or group therapy.

Investing in spirituality will also help alot, have you considered one of the monolithic faiths - Islam,Judiasm or Christianity? (id investigate Christanity if i was you)

Reply to loopy