Question
Posted by: Maggie | 2008/08/13

a very confused boss

We are emmigrating to the UK at the end of the year. Since my husbands boss has heard when he is leaving, she has done nothing short of making his life miserable. My husband has worked faithfully and loyaly for this company for 12 years, he is the backbone of the company, to the point that his colleagues dont actually know what they are going to do without him because he knows about all aspects of the company, where the individual managers only know about their respective dept (let me add that my husband was passed over as a manager for this company because the owner took a vote from the employees as to who they wanted as the office manager) She (his boss) as gone so far as to accuse my husband of mismanagement of funds and verbally stated in an open office asking him what did he do with the rest of the goods that he bought and what the ex-employ had said about my husband (basically accusing him of buying more goods and selling them, stating he did not order so much goods). Please bare in mind my husband has dealings with this ex-employs dept to a certain point, he orders the goods but very rarely does my husband take delivery of them they went straight to the ex-employ. To advise you the ex-employ was not fired he resigned and before this has all happened. On my husbands boss blatant blurting out in the office, a couple of days followed with colleagues joking with him saying he is a thief, they do know my husband and are close to him (most of them) and all of them know my husband is the most honest person in that company. She recently has reinstated my husband to manage the said dept that he is being held under investigation for and when he asked he wants her to clear him of all her allegations she stated in order to do that would be a criminal investigation to clear his name which would give him a record and hinder our emmigration, I am sorry what does she think she is doing us any favours. She has stated that when this scenario first arose once her investigations were finalised and she had sorted out her mess with receiver of revenue she would apologise, mmmm... well things have changed i am sure the law states that you are innocent until proven guilty, how is it that she has reversed the law according to her own likeings. She recently stated that he must not ruin a good 12 twelve year working relationship by stating that he wants a formal apology, which leads me to say once again THEN WHY THE HELL PUT HIM BACK SUPERVISING THAT DEPT IF SHE STILL BELIEVES HE IS GUILTY. Let me add this is not the first time he has been publicly humiliated in front of the staff and also he is not the only one that she does it to, but she has done it to him the most out of everyone. My husbands clients love him, they call on him in any emergency and he will sort it out, ask my husband if he has extra man power to help another dept and he will oblige the best way he can, he is the most efficient worker/manager there his dept is the most productive and effective. Please explain why he is being grilled the way he is?

Sounds like she. and others, are being spiteful and unpleasant, and thinking solely of the difficulties THEY will face once he's gone ; maybe you should consult a good lawyer about his rights ?