Question
Posted by: Annelize | 2011-07-28

a psychiatrist in Bellville who sees patients after hours?

<br>I want to visit a psychiatrist (preferably once-off) to obtain a prescription for Buspar for an Anxiety disorder but don''t want to go there during my office hours, for privacy reasons. I feel severely out of control with all the Herbex drops (Nerva 3) I am taking (abusing actually). It is also extremely expensive and the effects only last for an hour at the most and, thereafter, have the reverse effect. I know that Buspar is expensive, but at least I''ll be able to claim it back from the SARS Office eventually, whereas I''ll never be able to submit a claim for all the Nerva 3 drops.<br><br>Does anyone know of a shrink who practices in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town on a Saturday or in the evenings?

You are surely entitled to time off during office hours for health reasons, to consult a doctor, without your privacy being invaded by having to declare WHICH doctor ? I don't really see Herbex as useful, and no sensible medical aid would accept claims for that. But if you see a good psychiatrist, he/she will be able to assess you and recommend effective treatment which you could continue to get from a GP prescription. Buspar can be helpful in anxiety, as can some drugs also used for depression, and also CBT style counselling. Any shrink worth his salt will decide what to recommend - all doctors are uneasy about taking dictation from the patient ! ( Or at least they really ought to be !)

2
Posted by: Maria | 2011-07-28

Can''t you just go during your lunch hour? And you can''t tell the psychiatrist what to describe, he or she will decide that based on your symptoms. Anyway, try Eugene Vorster, I think he sees patients until quite late.

Reply to Maria