Posted by: lady nina | 2009-05-29

a mind thing?

hello c

hope you are well.

i just have a question, both me and b has started on the dr cohen dieet about two weeks ago, i have not been on a dieet for years and years, i just didn' t feel my head was right to do it, in march i spoke to b ( both of us needs to lose quite a bit) , i told her of my plans to make so pretty big changes and asked her if she wanted to join me, weight is a sensitive topic for a teenager so i did want to tell her she didn' t really have a option... she agreed i was so pr5oud of her for taking the first step, we looked at the budget and it' s quite expensive - i told her to really think it thru since it' s not a easy dieet and i really can' t afford to waste the money, eventually i dicided to start monday 25 may , it was l b day party on saturday so i new i was going to have cake and stuff, but b asked if she could start on the 18th, we shopped for the food and she cooked the sunday all the mails to freez , i decided to start with her but " cheat"  on saturday and officially start on monday 25th

it' s a tought eating plan - you eat very little compared to before but I have not cheated once since we started on the 18, b promises me she has also not cheated yet..... now this is a good thing for both of us but my questions is why is it so " easy"  ths time round - if for years and years i could not do it or stick to it? this is by far the most difficult eating plan althou not the most expensive?

don' t get me wrong, i mj very happy to be able to say no thank you for all the cakes and choccies i recieve but i must say i don' t trust this .... since i' m not sure why it works this time i' m kind of nervous because i don' t know when it will stop working?
i would feel better if i knew why is works this time so atleast i have some control to keep it working

am i making any sense at all?
why should fear always be present even when things are good?

enjoy the rugby tomorrow

ISn't it a pity that most of the well-publicised diets are expensive ---Government should identify a couple of good and effective diets, and remove VAT on the necessary foods.
There could be various reasons why you're finding it easier this time round --- maybe when it's expensive you don't want to waste all that expense ! And surely having someone to share the process with, is well recognized to help greatly.
Now I"m no Dietdoc, but though diets are supposed to be planned rationally, I don't think we really know why sometimes they work with one person and not another
Good luck to both of you --- keep up the good work !