Question
Posted by: Kate | 2010/06/14

A million questions...

Hi Doc,
My period cycle is between 27 and 25 days. My last period was on the 20 May, so I''m actually expecting it to start again tomorrow. My question is, if I had managed to conceive during this time, how old would the embryo be and at what stage did it implant?
My fertile period was around 1 - 4 June (I think) so if conception had occurred then, how long does the egg sit in the fallopian tube before it moves down to the uterus?
The reason why I''m asking all these weird and wonderful questions is because this weekend, I''ve had a glass of wine or two watching the world cup, and I just want to know if it will affect the foetus at this very early stage. I don''t know if I''m pregnant as I''m still awaiting my period, but my hubby and I are actually trying to conceive, so your information would be very useful for future purposes. We both live very healthy lifestyles, so I don’ t want to give you the wrong impression. I’ m just a bit worried, because I’ m feeling slightly nauseas today and my breasts are very tender.

Implantation occurs about 10 days after conception. The glass or two of wine should not affect the baby.

2

Posted by: Dee | 2010/06/15

It wouldnt make any difference at all.

Reply to Dee