Question
Posted by: Mel | 2010-01-29

A little depressed

Hi, am going through quite a tough time at the moment and was wondering if there is anything I can take to help me a little.

I currently take Connect by Bio Harmony as it has 5 HTP in. Is there anything else I can take with better effects?
A few years back I started on some form of anti depressant from the doctor in the UK and those tablets made me feel awful, sick, bad anxiety etc...therefore I stopped. Could you recommend anything where the side effects aren' t so strong?

Many thanks..

Mel

Natural products can be helpful but I suggest that you consult a GP for an anti-depressant that will suit your spesific needs. Your doctor should perform a good examination, as well as blood tests and then discuss the different options with you. There are several new anti-depressants available that is spesificly formulated to give good results and little side-effects.

2
Posted by: Mel | 2010-01-29

Thanks for your advice.....

I had 5 years of psychotherapy in the past which overcome alot of problems...it really helped to the point of I really feel I don' t need that.....and from time to time, see someone who helps...

Maybe I' m lazy! I just tend to cope with general problems by being anxious and focusing on that and only that...

I guess now I have a few ' stumps'  in my way at the moment and just want to know if there' s anything that can help me through it....do you not recommend anything?

Many thanks....

Reply to Mel
Posted by: A | 2010-01-29

You don' t mention if you' re having any kind of therapy or counselling. The current gold standard for treatment of depression is a combination of meds AND psychotherapy. If you aren' t I highly recommend seeking that from a psychologist, particularly as you' ve been struggling for a long period of time. Engaging in therapy can be an amazingly helpful experience if you stick at it.

all the best.

Reply to A