Question
Posted by: Go for it | 2009-04-03

A lifetimes dissappointment

This is not so much a question as a statement and VERY UNQUALIFIED ADVICE. I am a 57 year old straight male, maried and divorced twice . Each time I am told due to my inabillity to make love ' properly'  (inability to accept pleasure or gain erection). I now have a new lady friend whom I love dearly.A few months ago for the first time in my life she ran her fingers up and down my spine. The feelings from that were indescribeable, but this relationship is now going the same way as as the others for the same reasons. My G.P. tells me nothing is wrong with me, but a councillor / sex therapist says after many visits I may as well forget it. Perhaps that means I will be alone for the rest of my life, Who knows?

My advice for what its worth to anyone with problems developing is to talk to your partner, tell them your fears and feelings. Before it blights your life. They may understand better than you think they will. Please don' t travel my road, it makes for a lot of unhappiness. If this helps just one person then its been worth writing.

well said - communication is everything

1
Posted by: Yes!!! | 2009-04-03

Please! Do not despair. Be honest with your partner. The best lover I ever had in my life was someone who could not have penetrative sex / an erection. He made love to me most beautifully with his hands, his mouth and his tongue, his mind!! Sex is not all about penial penetration!! There are many ways to enjoy fullfilling sexual pleasure within an honest, loving and meaningfull relationship.

Reply to Yes!!!