Question
Posted by: Liza | 2009-12-14

A hearty welcome back...

and I hope you enjoyed your time away. I for one am glad that you' re back.

Can' t remember quite what happened recently - what with the ECT. My needle bruises have finally healed - even the really ugly one on my left hand. Some anaestologists(sp?) are really careless. Even when I tell them that they' re going to need baby needles before the first prick. And then all the blood tests for lithium and kidney function - I started to feel like a sieve.

Still waiting for a giggle on that one...

I' m in a very good mood. Flying up to Pretoria on the 23rd to see my boys! I' ve missed them so much. My youngest told me about his report card over the phone - sorry mommy, two four minuses and the rest all fours. Excuse me - I definitely did NOT do this well at school. Needless to say this mommy is very proud about this! My oldest told me about his report card - averaging around 75%. This report card - at the end of his primary school career - is the best report card he has EVER had. My pride has no bounds.

But then I think that the best thing I have done for my kids (according to their school marks) is be an absentee mother with infrequent flying visits. Well, If that is what it takes... at least I' m in a relative good space right now.

Hi Liza,
Don't cringe. No need to. Even if one feels like a sieve, there's no need to leak.
Congratulaions to you and the boys on how well they're doing - enjoy the visit.
I enjoyued the visit to India and Qatar, though my guts are begging me to avoid curry for a while.

3
Posted by: Shelby | 2009-12-15

Hi Liza,

What is an ECT and why must you be absent from your boys lives?

Curiosity killed the cat....

Reply to Shelby

Hi Liza,

Posted by: Liza | 2009-12-14

CS - please ignore post beyond the first paragraph. Just realized that it seems like I want to make your return about me!

To the critical - I' m cringing as I type...

Reply to Liza