Question
Posted by: bobo7 | 2008/10/21

A head injury causing a lot of dizzyness

Hi doc

I was playing football 2 days ago and I banged my head againstone of the opposition players elbows or heads (im not really sure), I was cut open on the forehead and needed stitches. I was also told that I was lightly concussed and that feeling would pass, however the feeling has become much worse and Im dizzier for longer spells and I phase out for a while.

Could you advise me if this is due to the loss of blood which I was told was quite a lot, or is still the effects from the bump on my head.

Dear bobo7
This sounds to me like a more serious concussion. If you have severe headache, or any neurological symptoms like slurry speech or weakness in an arm or a leg, vomiting or a stiff neck, please see your doctor as soon as possible - sometimes (rare) you can get a slow bleed in the skull that builds up pressure over days and weeks which can be dangerous. Rather see your doctor if this gets worse as you may need referral to a neurologist . Also read this article: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/concussion/article_em.htm

2
Posted by: anxious | 2008/10/22

you need to post your 2nd answer as a new posting or CD wont see it. When you say you have been in constant discusstion with your doctor, do you mean by phone or visiting him? No good doctor would ignore your concerning symptons and if you have in fact been visiting him and hes been giving you the above advice, you need to see another doctor urgently. Serious concussion as you seem to have must NEVER be ignored and should always be thoroughly investigated. Shrugging your symptoms off with saying you have low blood pressure with your symptoms is totally unacceptable. PLEASE go to another doctor without delay.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: bobo7 | 2008/10/21

there are no headaches or pain,no weakness in any limbs, no vomitting or stiff neck.its just a constant dizzyness and light headedness, esp when im in a moving vehicle, I have been in constant discussion with my doctor, he did indicate low blood pressure and suggested for me to keep my feet up,

Reply to bobo7