Question
Posted by: Kumaza | 2010-05-18

A frustrating man with kids

I have a very sweet husband and that I think will mess our relationship, he has 2 daughters that he came with from another woman. He spoils them a lot and does not want anything about them to happen and he puts them first and I am last. I told him that this is wrong but he will tell me that I have issues with his daughters. Guess what they are teenagers they have started to go their own way, comming home late and when he ask them where they where they will laugh or tell him that they were with their friends, we are buying another house and I have decided to tell him they are not going with us I need to take a break, and start afresh I have a 1 year 8 months and cant even look after him because they are very abusive to him and they cant even clean so every Saturday I have to look at the child, cook and clean, and they are only there for eating. Last time I just kept on cleaning until they asked me they need food I just looked at them, this is frustrating me please assist, what do I need to do, I have seen that it is not nice to get married to a man with kids especially teenagers.

If you'll look back or search the achives of this forum, its remarkable how common this problem seems to be - the husband who has custody of kids, usually girls, it seems, from a previous marriage, and who spoils them awfully. And it sounds as though tyhey walk all over him - they don't love him more for spoiling them - on the contrary, they disrespect him for being so soft.
Lets see what other readers may suggest. Is marriage counselling an option he wopuld consider ?

1