Question
Posted by: Jay | 2008-12-22

A few things

Firstly, after a few weeks outta the country, I must commend H24 for the new look page. Its nice to c some responses from the new experts.

Now to my situation, earlier this year my wife suffered her first bipolar relapse and since then our lives have been v difficult. Thanks to the Lord she has made a full recovery but because of a few extra kilos (due to meds) she no longer feels sexy despite my constant praises/advances. Needless to say, our sex life has taken a nose dive.

First question, she is interest in taking libido boosters because her body " takes too long to respond" . She wants sex but says that her body simply doesnt want to react. She doesnt get horny or wet nor does she feel the need for sex anymore. Is is ok to use libido booster considering she is bipolar?

Secondly, for the last few days I have been a bit horny but have not acted on it yet. However, i have found that after urinating, the last few drops of urine are rather cloudy &  sticky. can this b related to not having sex for a long time. It cannot b an STD as we are totally dedicated to our marriage.

Thanks,

1. Bipolar and low libido – Low sexual desire is one of the most common difficulties reported in women. There are strong links with some medications, especially those related to treatments of depression. I would strongly suggest that you discuss this with her treating physician who could perhaps change to something that has less effect on the libido. Pharmaceutical drugs for treatment of low libido are currently being tested. Libido ‘boosters’ could be tried but their reliability and effectively are not guaranteed. It is very important to allow lots of time for closeness and touch, even if it takes longer to become aroused. We live in a world where we want fast responses to everything; this is not always the best approach to good sex!
2. Cloudy residue in urine is common when semen is not ejaculated through sex, masturbation or ‘wet dreams’. As long as there is no pain or burning this is not a problem. Masturbating with your partner present would release the sexual tension. This might even help her get in the mood.