Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2010-12-21

A few questions please

Dear Doc

A while ago I wrote to you about my father who has motor neuron disease that has suddenly deteriorated and we wanted to go see him, unfortunately he died a week before our planned trip due to heart failure as a complication of the disease. I also found out that he had muliple myelomas (although that was not the primary cause of death). My brother was diagnosed with mouth cancer (at 40) a few weeks ago as well. Does this mean I am at a higher risk for cancer too?

My real reason for writing is to ask what the cause of breast pain could be. I am 38 and on HRT due to premature ovarian failure. I have been on it for almost a year now Evoral 50mg. My breats are so sore, especially my nipples and I just wondered what the cause could be? Is it hormonal and can I take anything to relieve the pain?

Hallo BMJ
Breast pain could be due to hormonal supplements, and taking magnesium and vit B6 supplements may help. You can also use anti-inflammatories like Brufen or Voltaren Jel. Mouth cancer is not something that usually runs in families, but can be caused by alcohol, smoking, chewing tobacco, viral infections (Human papilloma virus) and sun damage (lips)You need to go for a breast examination once a year and to do self examination each month to check for breast nodules.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-12-21

Hallo BMJ