Question
Posted by: Tessa | 2010/01/19

a few problems

good day doc, hope u are well. i have a few q' s if u can help me.
im a 35 year old female, 94kg.

1. i was on the pill to regulate my hormones, yasmine to be exact. i stopped the pill about 8 months ago and lost 10kg. my skin is now worse than before and is getting worse with pimples and oiliness. im going back on yasmine today as i started my period last night. i cannot handle the breakouts as well as the dark facial hair which also got worse since i stopped the pill. im scared to gain weight again because i battle so much with it.

2. im on eltroxin 300 ug daily as my thyroid has been removed in 2003. now my hair is thinning. i started taking iron supplements for that 2 days ago.

3. im also on glucophage as well. i eat healthy and not a lot, low gi low fat but it seems my neverending battle with my weight will be neverending..... :-(

is there hope for me? Does yasmine really make one fat even if one eats the same as before? What can i do about the dark facial hair? Will it come right as i get older?

please help.

It sounds like you have PCOS. The facial hair may be helped by using Diane 35 rather than Yasmin. Yasmin does not cause weight gain.

1