Question
Posted by: Maria | 2012/10/22

A feelgood story

This weekend I met a guy who is a single parent. His ex-girlfriend fell pregnant 3 months into the relationship, didn''t want the baby and preferred to put him up for adoption. The dad then said he wanted to raise his son at which point she started denying that the child was his. He then went to court to get a DNA test done, and when the results showed that he was the father he adopted his son and is now raising him alone. This man is doing such a sterling job, the little guy is healthy, happy and his father adores him.

We so often hear about dead beat dads on this forum, I thought I would just share that there are also involved, committed, capable and enthusiastic fathers out there.

Thanks for telling us. As you say, we hear so much about definitively deadbeat dads ( and deadbeat moms ) that its good to hear about someone who acted with so much responsibility and love. Kudos and medals to such people !

1