Question
Posted by: Monica | 2009/11/13

a family member comitting sucide

my parents were out of town and my older brother, 23 years old, is home alone while they are gone. i' m off at school in my dorms. i realize somethng isnt right wth him and call my parents. they immedialty come home. we find out he got taken to the hospital for attempted suicide and he was messed up on drugs, coke to be exact. we searched the house and found empty beers, straws with coke residue in them, empty bottles of excedrine headach reliever and tynol pm bottles. my parents left to go to the hospital immeditaly to see him while i stayed home. i went in the garage to get my car and i realize my mirrors were weird and there was a stool next to my car, i look up and i see a rope hanging. he tried to hang himself as well as all the pills and drugs he took. im still in compleat shock and ive been crying none stop. i dont know what to do to get this immage out of my head of my brother dieing and hanging in my garage. idk what to do, i havent been able to sleep, i' ve gotten 3 hours in the past two days.

So sorry to hear of all this, Monica. People who decide to attempt suicide are so wrapped up in their own despair, that they rarely seem to think of the awful suffering they will inflict on others, or they somehow persuade themselves that those who love them will be better off without them.
An acute stress reaction, to what happened and what might have happened, is normal and understandable, and should improve within the next wek ; but anyway you deserve to see a counsellor to help you deal with your own emotional responses to these events. And make sure the doctors treating your brother know about this further evidencwe of what he was trying to do, so they can take it into acount in planning his treatment.

2
Posted by: Mrs Awesome | 2009/11/13

im really sorry my sister.well keep ur broer in our prayers

Reply to Mrs Awesome