Question
Posted by: Nick | 2010-10-25

A diet for various afflictions I have

I have type 2 diabetes and also suffer from diverticulitis, high blood pressure and pyronies disease ... any recommended diets available for the first two afflictions at the same time as it would seem that there is a conflict in what can be eaten. I am also in remission (two and a half years) with bladder cancer. I''m on insulin injections and take 1 x DIABION daily and 2 x Manna tablets.

Dear Nick
Because of your complex medical conditions, it is essential that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out an individual diet prescription for you which takes all your conditions (the type 2 diabetes, diverticulitis, high blood pressure and Peyronie's disease, plus your previous bladder cancer and your medications into account. This is not something that I can do for you over the Internet, so please do see a dietitian ASAP.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-10-26

Dear Nick