Question
Posted by: Loretta | 2008/10/24

a diagnosis has been made - so what now?

I lost my partner a few months ago and i coped well. I met a couple of guys that know what' s going on, i have made it clear that i am not ready to get sexual and all was well. Somehow I don' t think i am ready to date because i really don' t feel emotional towards the people i' ve met thus far!, and yet when i' m alone i feel lonely and think that the only way to get out of my mysery is to find a boyfriend. Now suddenly my body gave in (tired, sore, headache, insomnia) - so i decided to see a Dr - guess what - he said i have mild depression!!! ok gave me anti-depressants and all, but what should i do now? am stuck...help

I wonder what they think is "going on". Some guys recognize a widow / recently bereaved woman, or someone who has otherwise recently ended a major relationship, as a target and opportunity. If your lost partner meant much to you, it is unlikely you will be over it within months, and ready for a good new relationship --- and if you are feeling very little, it may be that the sadness will emerge later, and just isn't obvious right now. Why must you be lonely on your own ? A woman doesn't need a b to make her significant or competent. Finding a bf is not likely to do away with the misery. Maybe you are depressed --- or maybe sad ( they're different ). An antidepressant may help Depression, but doesn't help sadness. Seeing a counsellor helps both