Posted by: Dj | 2008-11-17

A child with constant headaches

My daughter is 11 years old and she constantly have headaches. I took her to the doctor and he suggested it is sinuses, he gave her medication but still the headaches is persisting. She says the headaches make sher dizzy as well. Should I take her to the doctor again or could there be something else wrong? please help

Hallo Dj
Headache in children is common and kids can also get migraine. It can also be caused by stress, anxiety, weak vision and low blood sugar levels. Danger signs are headaches that suddenly worsen, that is accompanied by nausea, neckstiffness, loss of function (talking, seeing, muscle function)or waking the child at night, You may need to see a pediatric neurologist to have her evaluated for migraine. Have her eyes tested to exclude eye strain. Also let your dentist have a look at her teeth, if she has a very skew bite this can cause chronic headache

Posted by: Carla | 2009-05-11

My daughter gets a sharp headache that lasts a few seconds. She got it twise of Friday and again twise on Monday.

Reply to Carla