Question
Posted by: CHERI | 2009-08-21

a call for help

HI
I had a problem with my stomach when i was 19 i had intercourse with my bf. not knowing much i had a cramp. dr gave me these big maroon/brownish tablets and a big clot came down that looked like a fetus.i dont know, anyway the doctor never told me anything but did check on the scan it lookd like fetus.i dont know. my mother only said the dr askd if i got a bf. she dead now. i hav had sex for yrs without contraceptives and didnt fall pregnant. now i am married and struggling to fall pregnant.had lapscope and is using fertomid now dr said my tubes are clean.my ovaries are fine nothing wrong.fertomid not helping with falling pregnant.my husband sperm is fine what could be the problem am really disappointed in myself.got sisters and brothers who got children but what could be the problem. am i infertile.i get my period and all.pls help me

Dear Cheri

I would recommend that you attempt 2 or 3 intrauterine insemination cycles under well-controlled conditions and if this fails then I recommend proceeding to in-vitro fertilization.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim