Question
Posted by: Delectable | 2012/05/23

A break

After months of break ups and make ups my partner decided she wanted to have a break from our relationship - indefinately. Now when I hear this two things comes to mind: she wants to explore her options and it might be the end of us.

What do you think? Am I exaggerating?

Christi sounds about right. Couples counselling can help a couple in conflict to sort things out ; absence does not promote the discovery of solutions

3
Posted by: Brian | 2012/05/23

Take your bags and run!!

Reply to Brian
Posted by: Christi | 2012/05/23

I would probably think the same as you and I don''t think you are exaggerating. Did she not give any other reason other than " she wants a break from your relationship" ?? Maybe she really wants a break to sort herself out, maybe she has met someone else and does not have the guts to tell you. Indefinitely to me sounds like the end of the road for your relationship. Don''t however hang around waiting for her to decide whether or not she will come back one day, if it''s a break she wants, give it to her! To me it sounds as though she is playing with you and your feelings and it''s a cruel thing to do!

Reply to Christi