Question
Posted by: Jo | 2010-08-05

A bit worried

Hello, Hope someone can put my mind at rest. I hear that my ex is wanting to live in england. Thing is he has always been a bad/ late payer. If he decides to not pay the maintenance what can i do? How would i go about this?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

A maintenance order that has been issued in South Africa can be enforced in the foreign country where the maintenance defaulter lives if it is a ‘proclaimed country’(including countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States of
America, United Kingdom, Singapore, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Malawi,Namibia, Kenya and Hong Kong). The maintenance order will be sent to the relevant authority in the proclaimed country, so that it may be enforced. If you have a
provisional maintenance order, it must be confirmed before it can be enforced.

Bertus Preller
KWJ Inc.
info@divorceattorney.co.za

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2010-08-05

Bertus Preller
KWJ Inc.
info@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert