Question
Posted by: Just me | 2010/04/07

A bit of a duh question

In between Docs at the moment (moved).

I have Bipolar, does this mean I will need to be on meds for the rest of my life?

Currently on Venlor 150mg and Camcolet (hope I spelt it right).

It may be that you need to be on meds long-term, because Bipolar Disorder, like almost all medical disorders, is not cured but controlled. Camcolit is a form of Lithium which has been found to be very effective in controlling the mood swings of Bipoalr Disorder. Venlor is not a treatment of bipolar Disorder as such, but is an antidepressant, which can be used to treat one of the depressive episodes of the Bipolar Disorder. During a High / Manic episode, a different medicine might be needed to help to control that.
Now, where was that Duh question you offered ?

1