Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2017/12/07

Why is my coccyx injury not healing?

Hi. I hurt my coccyx in January 2017, It's been 11 months now and I am still in pain everyday. It's hurts to the point where I have trouble even standing up.I cant put any pressure on it, I can't sleep on my back either. I went to the doctor after fell and even got xrays, they said that my coccyx has a slight fracture. But i dont know, It hurts so much. I am actually so tired of this pain. Please advise on what I should do?

- 2017/12/13

Hi Jackie

You should definitely have another x ray, because it does sound as if the coccyx has not grown back together as it should have. The other possibility is that you are compensating for the injury by walking/standing in an abnormal way and this could be causing severe lower back muscle spasms and pain. I would still suggest a follow up x ray and then one can decide on the next step. Good luck.