Question
Posted by: Caroline | 2013/08/10

Q.

Why do I get a hot flush when I need to urinate instead of the usual urge to pee?

I am a 54 yr old menopausal female and have recently found that the usual urge to urinate has been replaced by a hot flush, is this normal in women of my age and stage of life? Could this be the start of an infection?

Expert's Reply

A.

- 2013/08/12

Hot flushes are, of course common at your age and they can be precipitated by various things - heat , stress, etc. I guess they could be precipitated by wanting to pass urine. An infection is usually associated with burning and frequent urination.

Want to comment?