Question
Posted by: Arend Brink | 2013/08/01

Q.

What causes my feet to have a burning sensation when I cover them in bed

I am 59. I am above average fit. I used to run a lot, but cycle more now. I in great shape and in very good healthy. i still weight the same when I was 20. I do not drink or smoke and do not take ant medication. I only take vit b com and Min Amino supliments

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImagePodiatrist
- 2013/08/05

Thank you for your e-mail. There are various causes for burning sensation in the feet of which diabetes is the biggest cause. I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist for a proper assessment and diagnosis. In the meantime, try and do toe exercises before going to bed to increase the blood supply to the feet and massage feet with "Deep Heat ointment". Only apply to intact skin and if no allergies present. For your nearest podiatrist www.podiatrist.co.za 0861 100 249

Want to comment?