Question
Posted by: MB2 | 2015/08/20

Type of exercises i must do if i want to give birth to my baby normally not operation?

What type of exercises i must do if i want to give birth to my baby normally not operation?

1
Posted by: Tegan | 2015/08/21

Doing perineal massages and kegel exercises can help reduce the chances of tearing during the birthing process and help you recover quicker after giving birth. Google them if you haven't read about them before. There are pre-natal yoga poses that can help you strengthen and gain beter control over the muscles in your entire body during labour, preventing them from tensing up as much and making the experience less painful - Again, Google is your friend, but follow the instructions properly so that you do not hurt yourself. Being in good shape or having good stamina also really helps make labour easier and quicker, but if you are not used to exercising you shouldn't place your body under strain that it isn't already used to (i.e. a pregnant lady who is used to weight training can continue with her weight training at the same weights she was capable of lifting before falling pregnant). Having strong tummy muscles will also help with pushing, which is really more a matter of bearing down with your tummy muscles than a push and it will also make your recovery quicker, with less tummy flab to get rid off. Learning and practicing a good breathing technique to use during your labour is something else that is very useful, proper breathing during labour will make you push more efficiently and conserve your energy as optimally as possible, it's also something to focus your attention on so you are less panicky with the labour pains. People tend to focus on the pain aspect of things instead of the fact that birthing a child is extremely tiring, which I personally feel is far more important than pain management for a smooth delivery. Good luck and enjoy your little one!

Reply to Tegan