Question
Posted by: | 2017/12/11

Terrible Year for my pets pt2

Thanks for your reply. The thing is the dogs were never in a shelter, they went from the one home to the next (me). I have networked them extensively over the weekend, as the organisation we got them from has not done anything. Sadly our cat passed away on Friday. I think not as a result of her injuries but from shock (possibly too much anaesthesia too- she remained drowsy until she just died). I am furious with the vet as it was never explained to us what warning signs to look out for, if it seemed like things were taking a turn for the worse. It's been a very hard weekend- one of our dogs (the unhappy one) has been shipped off to my moms house until the new three go. It's a bad time to rehome them and you know, they aren't actually bad dogs. It's just stressful for everyone. I'm just devastated and feel a huge sense of loss. I know it's stupid over a cat (the best cat in the world, she'd come greet us when we got home, just the day before I was taking a cute video of her attacking our Christmas tree... I'm heartbroken). Maybe I'm taking this hard because it's the third pet, I no longer feel my home is a happy place, to make matters worse a picture popped up on my husbands Facebook newsfeed of his previous place of work where he was standing next to the woman he admitted to having an emtional affair with... it's tough.

- 2017/12/12

Oh dear, how often it seems that just when things are really bad and hard to handle, they can still get a bit worse. Yes, these are hard times to get anything done : I've never known a country like South Africa when it comes to shutting down for so much of December and January each year, and then complaining that business is bad !
There's nothing whatsoever stupid about anyone feeling real grief over the loss of a dog or cat : it's the folks who seem to feel nothing that would bother me.
The Facebook picture may be upsetting without being significant.  Unless someone deliberately posted that picture in order to upset you,  it's probably Facebook's fault, as I notice it is devising new ways to re-post old postings pretending this is a great way to celebrate the events of the year, or fake anniversaries.  Don't accept the invitation to allow virtual trivia from their virtual world to disturb you