Question
Posted by: | 2017/12/15

Swollen lymph gland

I've had a swollen lymph gland in my neck just below my jawline that vary in size from time to time for the past six years. I've noticed it swelling quite a lot sometimes and then it goes down again, although it has never gone away completely. The past week, however, it has suddenly gotten very bad and it has now swollen so much that it's causing difficulty swallowing, talking and breathing (although manageable) and the swelling isn't going down as before. I have no pain at all, but it's extremely uncomfortable having this rubber-like golfball-sized lump in my neck. It moves around as I move my neck, so I don't think it's a growth, and I'm experiencing a definite contracting sensation (similar to an abscess). I don't have medical aid and have been unable to find any medical help otherwise (no one can provide me with the cause, much less treatment). I would like to make use of a natural remedy and considering trying activated charcoal tablets as a last resort, but have no idea if it will work. Please help?

- 2017/12/22

I suggest that you go to the closest state hospital to you because you will be able to find some help there. The doctor there will be able to do a FNA (fine needle aspiration) to determine the cause of the swollen mass and then it can be treated. I have no idea if activated charcoal will help, but I do know that one will have to find out what the cause of the mass is  - and then the treatment will be follow from there (and you will no have to pay because you do not have medical aid). Good luck and I hope you find the answer soon.