Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2014/05/26

Stabbing pain in ribs when lying on sides or stretching to left or right side.

Good day. Since November 2013 I have been struggling with a stabbing pain in my ribs right under my left and right breast. The pain is specific and when I press on the area it also hurts like hell. It feels like someone stabbed me in the ribs with a knife. The problem never occurs during the day when doing normal activities. I do not exercise so I can't strain it further or think that it is due to an injury. I have been for x-rays and ultra sounds but nothing can be picked up. I've been to my gp and also a surgeon who removed two cists, one in each breast but this did not resolve the problem. According to the x-rays there is no fracture or any other problem with my ribs and it also states that my lungs appear normal. I have used a lot of different anti-inflammatory medication but this does not help at all. EG : Celebrex, OxyContan etc. I don't know where to go from here. I only have pain in one certain area and it is not at all over the whole rib cage. Please help me as I am totally lost.

16
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

I'm having servere pain across my lower left & right ribs l also get a stabbing pain in my throat. I can't sleep on either side, but l can sleep on my back. I have had a bowel obstruction nearly 2 yrs ago and the pain was mainly on my lower left rib the pain l am getting is similar. This has been getting worse by the day/nite. Do l need to go to to the Emergency department? Regards Glenis

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis
Posted by: Glenis | 2015/01/05

Reply to Glenis