Question
Posted by: | 2017/12/10

Skipping my period

Hi. I am 19 years of age and have currently been on a birth control pill (minerva) for 2 years now. I'll be going on a holiday soon but my period will be around at the same time. I read online about the pill that if you skip the placebo pills and go straight into your next pack this will then make you skip your period (firstly, is this safe/healthy?). I decided to try it after being in the placebo area of my first pack for about two days (so I've taken a normal pill after not having taken it in 2 days while in the placebo section). About 5 minutes ago i got a slight "showing" of my period. Will the method of skipping my period still work if i continue with the next pack (skipping the placebos) or will my period come regardless? Thank you!

- 2017/12/11

If you do this once it should not have any ill effects. You have to skip the placebos completely though, not what you have done this month. If you don't take any of the red pills and go straight on to the next pack, you should skip your period. You should then continue the whole pack till you get to the next set of placebos, and you will then have your period.