Question
Posted by: Pat Peyper | 2017/08/16

Skin irritation.

Hi there. I need some advice. I have a skin irritation which started on my hands, and then moved on my arms, and now under my feet. So bad that I am battling to walk. On the hands it is round red patches, not blister type . On the inside of my palm and under my feet where the soft skin is, the patches are larger. Where this irritation is, it gets extremely hot. Been to the chemist who says it may be contact dermatitis. Gave me an Cetirizine and Dermikelp to use, but it aint working. The rash comes and goes. Goes and then appears on another part of my hands or feets, sometimes moving to my body. What can it be because it is awfully itchy and uncomfortable under my feet.

Expert ImageBeyond Beauty Aesthetic Doctor
- 2017/08/18

Thank you for your question, Pat. What you are describing does indeed sound like a contact dermatitis. My advice would be to figure out what is causing this. Is it possibly a soap that your skin gets into contact with? Or a particular cream or lotion that you use? With any contact dermatitis, you need to first get rid of the thing that is causing the issue, and then treat the reaction on the skin. If you are simply medicating the problem and not removing the trigger, the problem will just keep on and on reoccurring. If it is NOT a contact dermatitis, then I’m afraid we need to take a closer look and examine the reaction and get some more info from you, which is a bit difficult in a forum like this. Are you not perhaps able to come and see me or one of our Skin Renewal Doctors so that we can examine the area and help you get a better idea of what’s happening on your skin? You can find the nearest Branch to you on: www.skinrenewal.co.za