Question
Posted by: | 2017/09/19

Nightmares about boyfriend.

I sometimes have nightmares involving my boyfriend leaving me. We are just about to celebrate our 1 year anniversary, and he has never cheated or given me any reason to not trust him. He always reassures me he isn't leaving and that he loves me and I believe him. I just keep having these dreams and feel bad. I had a bad childhood, and am very insecure. Doors this have something to do with it?

- 2017/09/19

Yes. The dreams don't predict anything, or tell us anything about your boyfriend, they reflect, and simply emphasize that you are, indeed, very insecure, with low self-confidence, most probably a a result of problems in your childhood and in previous relationships.  He sounds like a really nice guy.  It could be helpful if you could arrange to see a good local psychologist or counselor, preferably someone using CBT (Cognitive-Behavior Therapy ) to help you gain self-confidence and free you to enjoy lasting relationships.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/09/19

Difficult to say. It could be your fears (due to your insecurities) speaking, or it could be your gut. If your boyfriend is a great man and you have a happy, healthy relationship, then I would guess it's just your fears speaking, in which case you have to work through them. Constantly needing reassurance is going to drive him away. If however you've picked up little issues and hiccups in the relationship, such as him suddenly taking his phone with to the bathroom etc, then it may be your gut. In this case, you'll have to figure out which little actions are causing your concern and address it with him