Question
Posted by: Squishy | 2017/06/22

Need clarity

There is this guy I have been chatting to for about 7 years. We have met 3 times. He has a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend. He always says he likes me but can't be with me. I like him too. The other day he tells me he wants to own me? I am a bit confused by this. What could he possibly mean. He said he wants me to think about him all the time I can do my own thing and continue with my life but He wants me to do things for him. Please help me understand.

- 2017/06/23

Relationships that start only are often more difficult than those that start in the real world. You are always less sure of the other person, their personality and motives. Though you have met three times, it doesn't sound as though you have really discussed things thoroughly.  What does he mean when he says he likes you but can't be with you ? Did you ask him ?
It gets more worrying when he says he wants to own you : that's possessive, selfish and rather sinister.  And what does it mean to say " He wants me to do things for him" ?  What things ?
Surely you have discussed these odd comments, to try to understand them ? Nobody outside of the pair of you can tell you what he means.  You need to discuss this between you. As you each have a boyfriend/girlfriend, why are you each working on this extra relationship ?
All I can say is that some of what you have quoted, about him wanting to own you, sound rather sinister to me

7
Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/06/29

I have blocked him and I am no longer in contact with him.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/06/24

I would run a mile. He sounds like a controlling psycho. This is bad news waiting to happen if you persue this, and not fair to either of your partners.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/06/23

I have asked him many time as to what does he want from me and he gets upset, telling me that I am always "fishing" I have also requested him to delete my numbers but he keeps hanging around. I don't know what to do. He wants me to do things for him like I am assuming buy things for him. He does seem possessive. He tells me he loves me and when I questioned him he got angry. What should I do?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/06/23

He's a controlling twit who wants to own you like a toy whilst giving absolutely nothing to you to meet your needs. I'm sorry for both your boyfriend and his girlfriend considering how you have been cheating on them. And yes, emotional affairs is cheating. Worse than physical affairs

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/06/29

How are emotional affairs worse than physical affairs?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/06/23

Stop talking to him and block him! Guy sounds psycho.

Posted by: Maria | 2017/06/23

Clearly he wants you to be his "bit on the side". He just wants an affair, no strings attached. Don't fall for that. Cut ties with him and focus on the relationship you have.

Reply to Maria