Question
Posted by: Seliah | 2017/02/03

Am I too old to be even thinking of sex?

My hubby is no longer interested in sex, as he says we already had our kids, and there is no need for it now. He also says I am old to even think about it and should be ashamed at my age if I still want it. I just turned 42. I still have desires and this lack of intimacy, has even made me depressed.I have even turned to reading erotic stories and checking out porn pics. Am I too old to be even thinking of sex? I am so frustrated.

- 2017/02/07

You are woman in the prime of your life and might only be starting to reach your sexual peak now! We are born sexual from the craddle to the grave so it is your husband that needs to make an appointment with his physician to see why he is no longer interested in being sexual with you. Lots of women read erotic stories and are interested in porn pics/videos. Lots of women also purchase sex toys. Lots of women might even be more interested in sex in your phase of life (children bigger, more time for themselves, etc).

There is nothing wrong with you. If your husband is not interested to see a doctor to get some blood work done to get to the bottom of his lack in libido, then you might have to seriously reflect on whether you want to stay in a sexless marriage - or not.

4
Posted by: Seliah | 2017/02/08

My kids are still small, and I am feeling so guilty for thinking of my own needs. He keeps telling me how I am a bad mother for thinking of leaving, just because of my own needs. I am indeed frustrated. It has been 4 years now since we had sex.He doesn't see a problem with this. Makes it seem like I am despicable for thinking of sex because I have children, and shouldn't even be thinking of a relationship. Sadly, I come from one of those families that won't see how a woman can have desires. And would be very critical of me if I had to leave because of our lack of intimacy. We have slept in separate rooms for 6 years now.He also sees no problem with this as long as we still live in the same house.

Reply to Seliah
Posted by: Cyclist | 2017/02/07

In fact you are still very young and normal to want sex regularly.Couples have sex into their 70's and 80's so you deserve to have a partner who wants you too. Is there not some other issue,for example,he does not find you attractive any longer/ does he have health issues/smoking/drink too much alcohol/drugs/ etc. You both need to see a sexologist as there is clearly something not right with him and/or your relationship. There is no normal but at your age I would suggest you should be doing it at least twice a week. Good luck

Reply to Cyclist
Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/02/07

Hi Seliah. Oh hell no!!! You are still a spring chicken to even entertain the idea of being to old for sex. You tell your husband in no uncertain terms he better get his shi!t straight or you will go find it somewhere else. Best you sort this silliness out now then wait years for him to change his mind. Nip it in the butt darling. Do not conform to his believes and outlook on life. I think he needs a good spanking from you and show him what he will be missing out on if he continues with his crap. If it does not work after few months of trying go get yourself a side honey comb to satisfy your needs(you know like How Stella got her groove back or Mrs Jones). Go home and be Mrs boring with him knowing full well you getting it on with a stud. Those days of us ladies siting home waiting on the Mr to come home is long gone. He cannot make decisions like that for both of you, ha ah you have a choice in this as well.

Posted by: Summer | 2017/02/06

Hi,I'm in the same predicament.Husband 44 and I 40.Think we are made to believe all men want sex all the time,however in reality they do not,just as some women do not as well.I can only offer advice i've implemented...watching lots of porn and getting my release& attention there.Also consider getting a sex toy,anything but an affair which will just create lasting issues.Reassure your husband that you still find him attractive&want to be fullfilled sexually too.Maybe even mention him seeing a Dr...could be underlying stress,BP issues that hinders his ability to have sex.All the best.

Reply to Summer