Question
Posted by: | 2016/04/22

Late period on nuristerate

Hi, I went on nuristerate for the first and last time in January the 22nd, my period was a good 8 days late in Feb and lasted for 7(my normal period lasts for 5days) the period I had was very light and was brown. I chucked that down as it being hormones. What is weird is the fact that it's April now and I haven't had a period since. I had sore nipples for the whole month last month, took 3 pregnancy tests, 2 at home and 1 at a clinic which were all negative. I understand that nuristerate may temper with one's cycle but my concern is that I only got 1 shot and it's been so long since I had a period. Is this normal or could I be pregnant seeing that I didn't go for my second shot?

- 2016/04/26

This is normal after even one injection. It is unlikely that you are pregnant after 3 negative pregnancy tests.However, you are now not on any protection and could fall pregnant.