Question

Lost interest.

I seem to have come to a standstill and have lost interest in everything. I am not interested in sex, I am not interested in my fiance, I am not interested in exercising anymore! I go to work, come home and that;s it, cannot be bothered. Whereas I used to go to work, then gym or some kind of exercise, then home and happy. Now its gone..................I want it back but dont know how?

- 2017/08/18

Hello Anon,
You seem to be describing a fairly typical Depression, a common disorder which fortunately usually responds well to treatment with appropriate medication and/or proper counselling.  Depression is sneaky, and can often develop gradually. And frank, obvious sadness may not be the mot noticeable feature.  What you are describing sounds like the broad symptom technically called Anhedonia : you lose the pleasure in whatever usually gives you pleasure.
See a good good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment and diagnosis, and a discussion of your treatment options, and ask about CBT-style counselling from a psychologist, too ( COnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) which can be very useful here.

1
Posted by: Maria | 2017/08/18

It sounds as if you may be suffering from depression, however there are also physical issues that can cause this. See your gp for a thorough checkup and blood tests. If nothing shows up I suggest you try counselling, which may have to be combined with a course of anti-depressants.

Reply to Maria