Question
Posted by: | 2013/07/02

Q.

How do I know if my 1 month old is ok after falling off the bed?

Hi my one month old baby fell off the bed last night. I have Ben checking for bruising, bumps, redness and there has been nothing. I'm still traumatized from this and have been watching him ever since. His feeding and burping and has a little spit up? How do I know if his ok. His pupils are the same size. Haven't been able toidentify any of the symptoms. Please help.

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImagePaediatrician
- 2013/07/02

The main symptoms to watch out for are drowsiness, vomiting and refusal to eat.

Your baby does not appear to be showing any worrying symptoms so he should be alright. If you are at all worried about his progress over the next 24 hours it is always safest to ask your doctor to see your baby.

2
user comments

C.

Posted by: desperado | 2013/07/04

I don't think you need to worry. You would've seen within the first 2 hrs if there was something wrong, vomiting, eyes not focusing, maybe bleeding in ears or nose, refusing to eat or cooperate. and not being able to wake him up They are stronger than we think they are. My girl fell (made a summersault) with her walking ring down 10 stairs after hubby went to fetch something and left the safety gate open. She had a huge bump. Rushed her to emergency and she was fine. They then also told me she would've fall a sleep or started vomiting. within the first hour

Reply to desperado
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/07/04

Shame, how did he fall off the bed? Maybe he should sleep in a cot to minimise the risk of falling off a high bed. I hope you and he will be alright.

Want to comment?