Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2014/01/19

How do I know if I have A Mallory-Weiss or a perforated oesophagus

I suffer from severe IBS. I had an attack which started me vomiting on the Thursday late afternoon, and only ended on the late Saturday evening. With the associated bad stomach cramps. I went to hospital on the Thursday night when it got so bad, they put me on a drip and gave me IV medicine for the pain and vomiting. it all started up again when I got home. I started vomiting up what looked like dark blood and then eventually it was very red and a fair amount. It made the vomit, which was only water, red. After that, every time I. Swallowed water, I would get a burning pain under my breast bone. It went away when my vomiting stopped on the Sunday morning and was fine throughout the day. Now it is evening and the pain is back again. usually only when I swallow water ,worse with some rooibos tea with 1 tsp of honey . Sometimes when I am lying there, the pain creeps up from my breastbone towards my throat, but not far. I have no fever , my blood pressure is normal. I am a 43 year old female.