Question
Posted by: Ahmed | 2017/12/14

Possible hepatitis B infection

Today Cut an apple with a knife and ate it. Later my friend told me that he used the same knif to cut apples 3 days ago and there was a little cut on his skin. I am worried that i cut my applr today with knife can have hapatitis b or c . I dnt know this knife was used in last three days or not also i do not know his blood is infected or not. Before cutting i just put some wayter on knife. Kindly help me. Can i be infected witb hap b or c like this (in above mentioned condition)?

- 2017/12/15

No, you will not be infected, anything that might have transferred from his skin to the knife would have been dead after three days and in any case a little cut on his skin does not necessarily mean that any blood came on to the knife. You do not have to worry.