Question
Posted by: Mariska | 2013/05/31

Q.

Good morning, just want to find out about Ethipramine 25mg.

The doctor gave my daughter, 6 year old, Ethipramine 25mg to drink at night an hour before bedtime, because she is continiously wetting her bed. She is on the medication for 2 months, and it really help. I just want to know how safe is it to use for more than 1 month, and what are the signs if the medication is stopped. How long after it is stopped, will she still have mood swings? I've tried to stop the medication after 2 Months, but she started wetting the bed again. What can I do to make sure that she can control her mood, after the medication is stopped .

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImagePaediatrician
- 2013/06/02

Ethipramine is actually an old fashioned anti -depressant medicine that was found by chance to also have a beneficial effect on the bladder. It helps to strengthen the valve leading from the bladder and has come to be used in some children with bed-wetting problems. It is important that the correct dose of this medicine is used. Your daughter is on the correct dose and it is safe for fairly long term use, 6 months or even longer. It is important to note that Ethipramine is being used to treat your daughter's bed-wetting and not her mood swings. Please discuss her mood swings when you next see the doctor.

5
user comments

C.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/09

My 14 year old grand daughter has been put on ethipramine. One in the morning, one after school and two at bedtime. She is severely depressed. Do you think she has been put on the correct medication. She just sits and sobs all day, doesn't want to go to school is extremely withdrawn.

Posted by: rosetta | 2014/08/23

Hi my physician prescribed this for my migraines. I take one at night and need some clarity on the medication. I am 35 years old. Thank you.

Reply to rosetta
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/05/08

Good Morning, My son is 6 years old and has been prescribed this medication because of a sudden onset of frequent Urination of small amounts of urine, he complains of irritation down there and also of feeling the need to pass urine but nothing comes out. He is not a bed wetter and has been sleeping dry since the age of 3. A UTI has been ruled out as well as any physical anatomical problems. Is my child on the right medication for this problem or should I seek further medical advise?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/11

Im 40 yrs old woman and I am suffering with ovarian cyst, I had an operation in 2012 and again this year the doctor discovered that I have a cyst again. How can I get rid of this problem, I don't want to go for surgery again. I have a 19 yrs old child, and im also struggling to get pregnant again. Please advice me,

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/10/12

Good day, my dr prescribed me 25mg of ethipramine because I continue to get serious bladder infections, I would like to know is this the right medication for me, I am 39yrs old. Thank you

Want to comment?