Question
Posted by: Chow Shepard | 2013-06-27

Q.

German Shepard Chow Chow mix temperment

Hi there We just got a German Shepard cross chow chow Mom is an all white German Shepard, Dad is a Cinnamon coloured pure bred Chow Chow. Our puppy came out pure black (Apparently the daddy dogs daddy was a black chow chow) I was wondering is this breed going to be more aggressive than most? Everyone is telling us we made a mistake getting him because we have a 2 year old toddler and they say this dog is agressive and attacks unprovoked and is bad with kids?! He is 8 weeks and we are taking him to puppy school as of next week. I am a firm beleiver in dog pack mentality and I have been training the dog already to respect us by letting us walk through doors, letting us all eat first, not jumping up, taking food with soft mouth etc. and he has been such a wonderful, quick learning and gentle little thing. Is there anything I should know about this breed? Is it agressive? Can I train it not to be?

1
user comments

C.

Posted by: Jenna | 2013-06-27

I hate people that blame the breed. German Shepards are awesome dogs, brilliant with children. We had a chow briefly as children, we had no issues. As long as it is raised right, nothing will happen. A poodle can be vicious if not raised right.

Reply to Jenna

Want to comment?