Question
Posted by: David | 2017/12/14

Severe back and neck pain

For 3 weeks now, Iam experiencing intermittent and some times severe pain in back neck, right shoulder and arm. The pain in the arm diminishes when I bend my head to the left and forward. Which specilist should I look for an appointment? Can’t find any orthopedic doctor available for this year. Please help

- 2017/12/14

Hi David,
I was just starting a marvelous reply this morning, when the lights went out.  Now I'm enlightened again, let me try again. It distresses me that too many doctors spend too much time away from their practices without making proper arrangements with a locum, so patients can access care.
The symptoms you describe are obviously distressing and unpleasant. The likely problems underling this could lie in the fields of more than one specialist.  An Orthopaedic Surgeon would indeed be one of these. They usually deal surgically, as the title implies, with problems involving bones n joints, often caused by physical damage or other disorders. 
More useful, if you can find one, would be a Rheumatologist, or a General Physician / General Medical Specialist with particular interest and experience in rheumatology, which includes rheumatic disorders and arthritis ; they would often use medication to help.
Both would probably want to get X-rays of your neck, back and shoulder, at least. Perhaps seeing a good GP would be a useful starting point, and he could arrange for such X-rays and maybe some blood tests, and might be able to handle the entire problem on his own, and if not, would at least have the test and X-ray results available when you can get an appointment with the specialist, saving time.

1
Posted by: David | 2017/12/15

Thank you! Can I do an x-ray without prescription?

Reply to David