Question
Posted by: Meema | 2017/12/18

Emotionally abused

Hi doc. I need to know that if emotional abuse can affect my appetite and weight. I've gone for gas/colonoscopy and everything is 100%. I take care of every one, except myself. Please help.

- 2017/12/18

Hello Meema,
Yes, emotional abuse could have such effects, as could stress and anxiety from any cause.  In my view, a calm discussion with you about your mood ( possibly depressed as well as anxious ?) and problems in your life situation would be part of any competent assessment of anyone complaining of loss of appetite and weight --- long before one thought of colonoscopy.
If you feel emotionally abused by anyone or by the situation you are in, it might be worthwhile for you to see a psychologist for an ssssmnt and advice, anyway.